Beading Basics - Feb. 12 & 19
Instructor: Georgia Reuling
This craft has been around for thousands of years and still plays an essential role in jewelry making. Become part of a great tradition in many cultures, and learn the basics of designing, stringing, and finishing jewelry.
During this 2-day class, students will learn:
- Basic design structure with focal beads, pendants, accent beads, and filler beads.
- How to select beads and plan the design of a jewelry set (necklace, bracelet, earrings).
- Best places to purchase beads.
- How to use crimp beads and crimp pliers and how to properly finish a strung creation.
- Use of string wire and weights of wire.
- A basic wire wrap with a head pin to create a nicely finished earring or pendant.
- Use of various pliers and tools.
- Tips and tricks for beading success.